Friday, September 16, 2011

I want to be an Ironman

There is an old saying that states the journey of a thousand miles begins with just a step. I am ready to begin my step, to start on my own iron journey. Or as the best spectator t-shirt I have seen yet said from Fat ass to bad ass. So here I will chronicle these steps - my journey from triathlete nobody to Ironman..it's an Iron Journey.

"Anything is possible, but you have to believe and you have to fight"

I am lucky enough to live in a city that I have the most inspirational even held each year - Ironman WI. Every year I run down to the lake with my coffee and watch these athletes work for hours and hours, pouring everything they have into this event. A few years ago I said- I want to do that. No, I want to BE and Ironman. Now as anyone can tell you it's just not that simple. One does not wake up one morning and do the Ironman. There is this thing called training, and preparation. So that is what I am going to do. Over the next who-knows-how-long-this-will-take amount of time I am going to share my ups and down, my  insightful thoughts, and hopefully my journey to my own Ironman completion.

Here is the video for IM WI last year - I will share the video from this year, SO inspirational, once they put it up!
"A person fails to reach their potential when they fail to pay the price"
Better to aspire to Greatness and fail, than to not challenge one's self at all, and succeed

No comments:

Post a Comment