Saturday, September 24, 2011

Just a little tune up

So I figured I should bring my road bike in for a tune up, mainly because it has not been ridden in a while, has some bad tires and really just needs to be checked out. Now remember this is my "for now" bike until I get a few tri's under my belt and can invest in something nicer this will have to do.
So they check it over and tell me that I need new brakes, 2 new tires, tune up, new chain, new cassette, and a new bike computer. I also added aero bars as well because I am testing this out so I will be losing my nice 2 breaks up top but gaining a more comfortable position on the bike.

For now my total is $495. YIKES! Of course I quickly started thinking of how much that new Triathlon bike I really want is, if I should just invest in that instead...but I will get the tune up and still give it a go.

This spring I will need to actually have the new chain and cassette but I should be able to make it through the winter on my trainer now.

Sheesh and I thought it would be just a little tune up..

No comments:

Post a Comment