Saturday, September 17, 2011

What do I need??

Okay so part of the puzzle is what do I need for this activity. Remember I am just starting in some sprint triathlons not doing the IM just yet.

Obvious needs: Bike, swim gear, running gear
  • I have a bike, Giant OCR3 actually - I am going to try to look at installing some aerobars & getting another good tune up. I haven't been on the bike in a while so this winter will be able getting the trainer set up and putting some more miles on it. Its logged about 2500 miles so plenty to go.
  • I have fallen in love with my new Nike LunerGlide+ 3. So full of cushion and bouncy. These have become my overall go-to shoe these days.
  • Swim gear has me stumped. I have goggles, not a huge investment or anything but I have been told that in sprint triathlons you don't change from swim to bike to run. What?! I am told that I need to trade in my trusty super padded bike shorts for some thinly padded tri shorts. Now only that, I swim in them and hop right on the bike in them and run. Um okay. Then I also found out that I need to have either a swim suit (hell no) or some kind of top that I can also do all the events in. Hmm..I will have to do some research on this.
  • Run, I got that covered, just need to learn how to run without music.
I found a cute list of So you want to be a triathlete? check it out here

Another great inspirational video, check out the 2 older folks at the end, AWESOME!

It takes a lot of courage or a little bit of crazy to do something new- but sometimes you find that you are not alone. There are many just like you, not willing to give up & ready to keep pushing for the next mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment