Friday, May 3, 2013

Your going to do what??

A lot of people have been asking me why I want to try CrossFit. Wondering why I would want to “waste so much time” or get involved in something new again.
Here are a few of my thoughts on that.

1.       I used to be a very good athlete. College scholarship for track-3 years, played in softball world series- twice, played sports my whole life, hockey player, martial artist
2.       I am your average athletic build, which means I can put on muscle or fat pretty easy. And it doesn’t go far. So I retain my muscles years after doing anything with them but the fat doesn’t just “fall off” when I eat good or half ass a workout.
3.       Although I love to sweat and love to work hard, I absolutely suck at pushing myself. This is probably why I loved the Army so much, they would tell me what to do and I just did it.
4.       I need the community of support. I will not lie and try to say that I can do this alone, that I would rather be alone. But when I watch the videos and hear about what a great support they give each other. I want that. No. I need that!
5.       I want to look good. I want to feel good. I want to someday, be able to do my workout in a sports bra and shorts.  I know that sounds a little egotistical but I can’t help it, I have never been the super fit girl that was comfortable in her own skin. Ever.
6.       I want someone to look at me and say if she can do it so can I.
7.       I want to inspire myself to be better than I was yesterday.
8.       I want to prove that I can. Prove that I will not give up on myself this time.
9.       I want my partner to look at me and go “wow”
10.   I owe it to myself.

I want to be seen again. I know that sounds funny, but I want people to really SEE me. I want someone to look at me with that love in their eyes and a glimmer of more. I want to be looked at like I am something to look at. I want to be worthy of that type of look. 

Right now I blend into a crowd, I am not memorable  I am not pretty with beautiful features, I am nothing special. 

I want to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment